Writing today as a mother of five I’ll share some of my parenting tips, passed on from my Grandma and Mom. A core belief I have as a Mom is to offer all the love I could and practice patience at all times. I always stayed in reality and expected at times there would be shenanigans […]
Four different shades and they all look great….Make a splash with color
Ever enjoy that cozy little beach spot behind a hotel you’re not staying at? That might be a thing of the past under a new Florida law… 16 more words
Fans of the HGTV show Fixer Upper will soon have a Waco-style spin-off to enjoy. Chip and Joanna Gaines’s favorite woodworker is getting his own show on DIY Network. Clint Harp and his wife Kelly will be the stars of Woodwork, which will spotlight the couple making wood furniture and accessories at their shop Harp Design Co. in Waco, Texas. The show debuts May 9 at 10 ET/PT. Harp quit a six-figure sales job to pursue a woodworking career. It wasn’t instant success, as the…
The Fair housing Act was signed into law on April 11, 1968 by President Lyndon Johnson. The law prohibits discrimination in the sale, rental, or advertisement of residential dwellings, brokerages services, appraisals, real estate loans and loan purchases. The 1968 law protected against discrimination based on race, religion, national origin and color.
Today the law has expanded to seven protected classes. In addition to the original four, handicap, familial status and sex have been added.
The fiftieth anniversary is a great reminder to celebrate the diverse country we live in and how we have grown our communities together. The opportunity to learn from each other has opened doors for many and helps promote economic opportunity.
Real estate professionals dedicated to providing equal service to all make the time to continually educate themselves to abide by law updates, but most of all “do the right thing”. Real estate companies adhering to this belief prominently display the fair housing logo on their marketing materials.
Take notice and join in on the celebration…..
Happy home buying and selling 🙂
If you’re anything like me one of my favorite reading materials poolside is a local real estate magazine. Surrounded by beautiful properties and scenery I like to flip the pages looking for a dream deal. Then it appears,
“4 bedroom 3 bath ocean front view, newly remodeled, $2250000 for 25% ownership”….What’s that all about?
Unlike time shares that offer ownership with many others , fractional ownership usually has less owners per property
25% ownership allows 13 weeks of use
Other advantages may be:
- Accommodations are guaranteed at a favorite vacation destination
- Terms of the purchase are easier to negotiate with fewer owners
- You will have more input into the management of the property
- Selling may not be difficult
- Wear and tear on the property will be less with fewer owners
- Shared expenses are easy to manage
- You have an opportunity to invest in a property that may be out of your budget as a whole owner
- Properties are usually spacious high quality homes or in smaller resort complexes
- This is an option to consider when purchasing a second home if a fixed usage period is offered or a rotation that fits perfectly into your schedule.
- If you’re looking to feel more at home with each visit you will want to look at a property that is unit specific for each use.
- Find a great vacation home and purchase with family and friends
Since this type of ownership can be complicated and loaded up with stipulations the agreement to purchase or sell should be drafted by a Real Estate Professional or an attorney. With limited financing options a method of payment should be stated before executing an agreement.
Happy home buying and selling….
The future is upon us, but actually we are so behind, the future is here and some of us may be phased out entirely. What am I talking about? ROBOTS! Several companies, one in California, one in Brooklyn currently employ Bots to show real estate and take questions from Buyers. Artificial intelligence, programmed into the […]